Chủ Nhật, 14 tháng 11, 2010

PHUOC LONG CHURCH

Phuoc long church is the most famous church in my hometown. It was designed by a French architect in 1960 and 5 years after, it was officially opened. From there, thousands of people visit it every year.

Last week was the first time I have visited the church. My first impression was its architecture. Though it was built many years ago, it still remained its beauty. All the walls were made by stone which were painted in mossy green; therefore, it was a little ancient. The building included 3 rows of room, 40 windows and 7 doors. 7 doors were all made by wood. Each of them was about 2 meters wide and 3 meters high. It was glued by a lot of bright slap of stone. 40 windows were cut into the walls and made by wood. Around the church there were many tall trees. They had luxuriant and thick foliage. Just a little light can go through these foliage. It was shining, the birds were singing… when I stood under them, I felt as if I was in heaven on earth. I didn’t scare anything, I just felt comfortable and relax. At the top of the church, a big bell was hung and it rang every 30 minutes. It made the church more and more solemn.

The church attracted a lot of visitors every year. Thousands of people from my hometown and other provinces visit it each year especial at Christmas and Thanksgiving. At this time, the church was decorated carefully many days before with balloons, cards, lights and bells. In distance, it looked as a magnificent castle in fairy tale. Every one went there to pray for the happiness, prosperity and luckiness. After that, they wanted to enjoy the beautiful landscape. Although it was not the most beautiful church in Viet Nam, it attracted many people and it became the pride of people in my hometown.
When I have free time, I often go to this church for sitting on the chair after hard working. I find myself happy and comfortable.

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét