Thứ Năm, 16 tháng 12, 2010

Da Lat-my hometown and Ha Noi


 I enjoy walking along the street under the shadow of pine trees looking at the old buildings in my hometown- Da Lat. However, when I moved to Ha Noi 3 years ago for studying I did not have the same experience like I had in Da Lat. They are quiet different but also similar in ways, especially the atmosphere and ancient architectures.

First, I want to mention about the similarities. If Da Lat has Xuan Huong Lake which is look like a lovely and charming girl, Ha Noi has Hoan Kiem Lake become a legend in our hictory. Both of them are mentioned a lot especially in poem, music and art. In both places, you can find a lot of beautiful streets with many tall trees. You can sit down on the green grass cover and enjoy the fresh air and watch people walking through the streets. Moreover, you can see many ancient buildings not only in Da Lat but also in Ha Noi. All of them were built long time ago but they can remains their beauty well. A lot of ancient roofs, old walls make them mysterious castle in a fairy tale. It is really wonderful. Isn’t it? The weather in Ha Noi and Da Lat are quiet the same. They are always cool. That makes us very comfortable. Sometimes, there are some soft rains. They is not too heavy but strong enough to clean all things on the streets. When it rains, I miss Da Lat so much, I miss my wonderful childhood. Whenever it rained, my friends and I still walked along street sang our favorite songs together.

Second, besides the similarities, Da Lat and Ha Noi are very different. Da Lat has many homes built of wood, many grand villas built by French architect during the early part of the century. While in the center of Ha Noi, there are so many high buildings that make Ha Noi more modern than Da Lat. Streets in Da Lat is quieter, it hardly has traffic jams. Whereas, streets in Ha Noi are always crowded, especially at the rush hour, the vehicles are used too much; therefore it is very difficult to get out of the traffic jams. Moreover, streets in Ha Noi are always bright because of the systems of the light and the lights of the stores on 2 ides of the streets. The people are quiet different. While people in Da Lat are shy and a little traditional, they usually wear skirts and paints and may be they use shawl to remains warmness. On the one hand, people in Ha Noi are more active and more modern, especially teenagers. They can walk a long the street freely hand in hand with their girlfriend or boyfriend with short dresses. It is ok and they don’t care about the others. When I see them, I miss Da Lat very much. My hometown-where I was born have more traditional life.

Da Lat and Ha Noi are very different in appearance and culture, but they are also similar because they are both beautiful place where visitors like spending their holiday.  

1 nhận xét: